Wendy O. Koopa
From Gamehiker Wiki
|Wendy in New Super Mario Bros Wii.|
|Wendy O. Koopa|
|Relatives||Bowser (father), Koopalings (siblings)|
|Voiced by||Lani Minella (2009)|
|Debut||Super Mario Bros. 3|
Wendy O. Koopa is Bowser's only daughter and fifth child, whom, like her seven brothers, is often used as a pawn in the Koopa King's schemes. Wendy is actually quite the fighter and can use her growable rings as weapons.
In Super Mario Bros. 3 she was given her own airship to attack the Sea Side kingdom with. She stole the king's magic wand and used its power for evil until the Mario Brothers raided her ship and defeated her.
Wendy next appeared during Bowser's schemes to conquer Dino Land in Super Mario World. Wendy was entrusted with own of Yoshi's friends to imprison and got her own fortress on the Chocolate Island, where she battled Mario in a room of pipes above lava with a bouncing fireball. Wendy and two decoys hid in the pipes and would pop out occasionally to attack. But her trick was seen through, and the real Wendy got stomped. When Bowser stole the twelve magic crystals of Jewelry Land during Yoshi's Safari, Wendy was put in charge of the Light Blue Crystal in Pipe Land. She attacked from pipes as earlier, and this time it was also possible to drop anvils on her.
After a long absence, the Koopalings returned when Bowletta called them into action to eliminate the Mario Brothers in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. She was the sixth Koopaling to battle the Mario Brothers. First Mario and Luigi had to smack her one after another with perfect timing as she emerged from several Warp Pipes. Then Wendy left her hiding spot and attacked her enemies physically, with a Bob-Omb set to go off in a set amount of turns. They were able to defeat her in time.
Wendy reappeared in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, where she and the other Koopalings kidnapped Peach on her birthday and escaped in an airship. On their way home, Bowser Jr. dropped the Koopalings off at fortresses to slow down Mario and/or his friends. Wendy staid behind at the World 4 fortress; she greeted Mario by twirling her new magic wand in the air before attacking with bouncing yellow rings. After her first loss, she escaped to the World 4 castle for a second fight. This time, Kamek helped Wendy by flooding the arena with water, though she was defeated again. She and the other Koopalings returned home on foot to find a beaten Bowser; they helped him get back up, but Bowser's Castle then fell on top of them.
- Wendy also appeared as a boss in the licensed games Mario is Missing! (the PC version only) and Hotel Mario. In Hotel Mario she is boss of Wendy's Blitz Snarlton Hotel and attacks by summoning hearts that open doors and attack Mario.
- Wendy and the other Koopalings appear in the "Momotaro" and "Snow White" shorts of Amada's Super Mario OVA, where they were quickly defeated by Mario on his way to fight Bowser.
- Wendy O. and the other Koopalings appeared in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World animated series, where her name was Kootie Pie Koopa. She was shown as spoiled and throwing temper tantrums whenever things did not go her way.
- Wendy appeared in the Super Mario comics of the Nintendo Comics System as well as the Nintendo Adventures books. One comic featured her on a misadventure with Stanley the Talking Fish.
- She appears in the Super Mario Adventures comic, where she appears to be the ringleader and most responsible of the Koopalings. At one point Princess Peach is able to defeat her and lock her in her own dungeon after holding her favorite dress hostage.
- Unused sprites of Wendy and the other Koopalings were found in Super Princess Peach, implying that they were going to be included in the game as bosses and were removed at some point in development.
- Named after the punk rock singer Wendy Orlean Williams, better known as Wendy O.
- Wendy has 350 HP in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.