From Gamehiker Wiki
|Real Name||Nana & Popo|
|Voiced by||Sanae Kobayashi|
The Ice Climbers are a team of two people, Nana & Popo. Though they are young, they are strong warriors and excellent mountaineers. The two are not brother and sister, as commonly believed, but lovers.
When a condor decided to steal all of the eggplants in the village, it's up to Popo and Nana to get them back. Fighting their way past polar bears and topi, they managed to make it to the top of the mountain and defeat the condor. Everyone was overjoyed to have their eggplants back.
The Ice Climbers' main ability is using their hammer. Using it, they can break through ice or defeat their opponents. They also have the ability to direct icy winds and create small icicles in Smash Bros.. Perhaps more important than any of this, however, is their ability to work as a team.
In the Smash Bros. games, the Ice Climbers have the following special moves:
- Standard Special Move: Ice Shot- Each Climber fires a chunk of ice that will slide across the ground.
- Side Special Move: Squall Hammer- The Climber(s) spin around while swinging their hammers, and continuing to press the special move button will cause them to slowly ascend into the air.
- Up Special Move: Belay- This move is only truly useful with both climbers active, as the second Climber will leap up further with a rope between them, causing the primary Climber to leap up after the other.
- Down Special Move: Blizzard- Each Climber fires out an icy wind that will freeze any character it touches. If both Climbers are active, they will each fire in a different direction, effectively protecting them from both sides. If this move is performed in the air, both Climbers fire in the same direction.
- Final Smash: Iceberg- The Ice Climbers follow a giant Iceberg that temporarily covers part of the stage, hurting and freezing anyone nearby while providing an obstacle for those navigating the stage.
- The Ice Climbers are playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In the first game they have three unlockable trophies while in the second game they have two - one normal and one depicting their Final Smash - as well as a sticker of Nana from Ice Climber. Within "The Subspace Emissary" of Brawl, the Ice Climbers appear on the Glacial Mountain stage, where they are climbing the mountain and help Meta Knight scale the mountain as well. They then stand back during the battle between Meta Knight and Lucario and are knocked from the mountain after the Halberd pushes the Great Fox into it. The Ice Climbers land safely by Mario and the main party, then join with them for the final battles.
- The Ice Climbers also appear in several of 9-Volt's microgames, Tetris DS, and Daigasso! Band Brothers
|Characters in the Super Smash Bros. Series|
|Mario · Donkey Kong · Yoshi · Luigi · Link · Samus |
Pikachu · Jigglypuff · Ness · Captain Falcon · Fox McCloud · Kirby
Marth · Roy · Peach · Bowser · Dr. Mario · Young Link · Zelda · Sheik
Ganondorf · Mr. Game & Watch · Ice Climbers · Pichu · Mewtwo · Falco
Pit · Ike · Wario · Pokémon Trainer <Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle>
Meta Knight · Diddy Kong · Lucas · Pikmin & Olimar · King Dedede
Solid Snake · Sonic · Lucario · R.O.B. · Wolf O'Donnell