From Gamehiker Wiki
|System|| NES, Arcade, e-Reader|
|Release Date|| NES|
JP May 1, 1984
NA October 18, 1985
JP February 21, 1986 (FDS)
EU November 15, 1986
US April 21, 2003
Golf is a sports game for NES based on the eponymous sport.
Golf has two modes: Stroke Play for single players and Match Play for two players. The goal of the game is to get the ball to the hole on the green with as few strokes as they can. Obstacles such as sand traps and water hazards make the coarse more challenging.
The player determines how hard and what direction they hit the ball. The type of club used also makes a difference, giving those who play golf in real life an edge over those who do not.
A Golf game was later made for the Game Boy. Golf was the basis for one of 9-Volt's minigames in WarioWare: Twisted. Also, nine of the eighteen holes in this game were used for the golf game in Wii Sports. The golfer from Golf (who bears a notable resemblance to Mario) also appears in Captain Rainbow.
- Two Vs. Arcade versions were made- Vs. Stroke and Match Golf in 1984 and Vs. Ladies Golf in 1985.
- Hudson Soft was allowed to publish Golf for the NEC PC-8801 in 1985.
- Golf was released for the Famicom Disk System in 1986.
- Golf was included as a bonus in Doubutsu no Mori and Animal Crossing.
- In 2003, Golf was released for the e-Reader.