From Gamehiker Wiki
|This Entry Needs More Information|
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. See the request on the listing or on this article's talk page. Once the improvements have been completed, you may remove this notice and the page's listing.
|Daisy in Mario Party 8.|
|Voiced by|| Jen Taylor (2000-2003)|
Deanna Mustard (2004-Present)
|Debut||Super Mario Land|
Princess Daisy is a supporting character from the Mario series appearing primarily in the sports games. Originally appearing in Super Mario Land as little more than a stand-in for Peach, Daisy was long a subject of 'Neglected Characters' until her return in Mario Tennis 64 at which point she was propelled to the cast of regulars.
She comes from Sarasaland, which is described as a 'world' containing four kingdoms. The space conqueror Tatanga came to Sarasaland in Super Mario Land and hypnotized the inhabitants into doing his bidding. He them kidnapped Daisy and even set up fakes of her at the end of each of the four kingdoms, guarded by his strongest of minions. Mario rescued Daisy after a long quest and the two took off in a rocket ship, presumably having belonged to Tatanga.
She later made a brief appearance in NES Open Tournament Golf as Luigi's caddie, but afterwards, she seemed to have disappeared from the Mario world as a significant character. After she was resurrected in Mario Tennis 64 she became a common character. She's participated in the golf tournaments, kart races, and the myriad of Mario Parties. What has learned about her since is little, but she does own a cruise ship, as seen in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. She is constantly partnered with Peach (and a few times Luigi) as her double. It has also been implied that she and Luigi possibly have a romantic interest - but like a lot of things in the series - is not yet official.
Daisy has primarily appeared in sports titles.
- Golf: Daisy first appeared in NES Open Tournament Golf as Luigi's caddie. Daisy was also playable in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.
- Kart Racing: Daisy is playable in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (as Peach's partner), Mario Kart DS (where she must be unlocked by completing the 50cc Retro Grand Prix), Mario Kart Wii (where she us unlocked by winning the 150cc Special Cup) and Mario Kart 7 (where she is unlocked by beating the 150cc Mushroom Cup). A Baby Daisy also appears as an unlockable character in Mario Kart Wii (unlocked by collecting one star in all 50cc Wii-Cups), which is the first appearance of her baby form.
- Tennis: Daisy is playable in Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Tennis: Power Tour.
- Baseball: Daisy is a playable team member in Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers. Baby Daisy also appears in Mario Super Sluggers as an unlockable character. Both Daisy and Baby Daisy are part of the Peach Royals.
- Soccer: Daisy is also a playable captain in Super Mario Strikers and in Mario Strikers Charged.
- The Olympics: Daisy is playable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Other Sports: Daisy is playable in Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix.
Within the Challenge Mode of Mario Super Sluggers, she was turned into a statue somehow, presumably through Magikoopa magic, in the Peach Ice Gardens. The statue was first used down to hold a switch to activate the fountain's drain, and after being restored and replaced with a Toad statue after Bowser Jr. was driven out of the area, she would be recruited into the baseball team. Baby Daisy would be found later on in the same area, where she was crying after being scared by Bowser Jr. until he rattle (which she used as a bat) was returned to her.
Daisy is also a playable character in the Mario Party series, starting in Mario Party 3, where she is not playable in Story Mode. Afterwards she is also playable in Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5, Mario Party 6, Mario Party 7, Mario Party 8, Mario Party 9 Mario Party-e, Mario Party DS, Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party and Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party 2. She was also playable in the similarly themed Itadaki Street DS and Fortune Street.
In the Story Mode of Mario Party 3, Daisy appears after the Courage Star Stamp is won by the player to claim the Beauty Star Stamp. She nearly convinces the Millennium Star to give it to her without a test with her charms, but the player character argues which results in a Duel Match between the two for the Beauty stamp at Backtrack. Daisy loses the match and then runs away.
Other Major Roles
- In the 'Super Mario Bros.' movie, the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom was named Daisy and Luigi was the one who fell in love with her. She was played by Samantha Mathis.
- In Super Smash Bros. Melee, one of Peach's color swaps is Daisy, right down to the flower brooch.
- Daisy also appears as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, the trophy being known for its strange errors. The trophy has a third eye on the back of Daisy's head, behind her hair (seen by zooming in with the camera close enough). Her description with her trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee also incorrectly says that her reappearance was in Mario Golf, which she did not appear in.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, there is a Striker Daisy trophy which, as the name suggests, shows her as seen in the Super Mario Strikers games. There are also two stickers of her in the game, one from Super Mario Strikers and another showing her with Peach from Mario Party 7.
|Characters in Mario Brothers series|
|Daisy · Luigi · Mario · Peach · Toad · Toadsworth · Yoshi|
Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Donkey Kong · Wario · Waluigi