From Gamehiker Wiki
|The Bounty Hunter with a Mysterious Past|
|Relatives|| Blood Falcon (Clone)|
Kent Akechi (Supposed son)
Jody Summer (Sister; GP Legend only)
|Voiced by||Ryo Horikawa|
Captain Falcon is a champion F-Zero racer and a bounty hunter. No one knows how many criminals Captain Falcon has captured, but it's a large amount. In between races and bounty hunting, Captain Falcon spends his time practicing on his private tracks on islands off of Port Town. His full name is Captain Douglas Jay Falcon. Captain Falcon's rivals include Samurai Goroh, Zoda, Michael Chain, Blood Falcon, Black Shadow, Deathborn, Dai Goroh, and Don Genie.
Not much is known about Captain Falcon before his F-Zero career. The only known fact is that he's from Port Town. Rumors say that he used to be a captain of the Internova Police. When not racing he is an accomplished bounty hunter who has butted heads with multiple targets and few have escaped his grasp. With the amount of money he earned from his dual professions, he purchased his own chain of islands off the coast of Port Town. He uses the different islands to practice his racing skills.
Captain Falcon continued racing in the F-Zero Grand Prix until the Horrific Grand Finale. During the Horrific Grand Finale, Captain Falcon was injured and hospitalized. Though he made a full recovery, some of his DNA was stolen. The DNA was used to create his clone, Blood Falcon. Several years after the accident, F-Zero racing was reinstated with new rules. The new tournament was called F-Zero X. Captain Falcon has gone on to win the F-Zero X Grand Prix several times, while thwarting his various rivals.
In the year 2571, he thwarted the plans of Black Shadow and Deathborn from rigging the Grand Prix by eliminating all the other skilled pilots as shown in the Story Mode of F-Zero GX. After winning the champion's belt, he then raced and defeated Deathborn in the underground circuit to win the champion's belt for the underground races. The two champion's belts then combined to release these mysterious beings called the Creators, who claimed to have created the world and planned to extract Captain Falcon's soul . However, Captain Falcon was able to defeat the Creators in a race, seemingly destroying them.
Within Captain Falcon's F-Zero GX bonus movie, Close Call! Captain Falcon, Captain Falcon is shown saving Mrs. Arrow's baby in a stroller from being hit by a train but rips the back of his pants at the same time and then leaves while trying to hide his polka-dotted underwear. He is also seen on a date with Jody Summer in John Tanaka's bonus movie, although the canonical status of these bonus movies is in dispute.
In the anime-inspired games F-Zero: GP Legend and Climax, little is known about Captain Falcon beyond his popularity in the Grand Prix. His machine is so popular that it is virtually the symbol of the F-Zero races. His true identity is Bart Lemming who often gives advice to Rick Wheeler and his friends.
He has his own story path in GP Legend. He was originally hired by an old friend to escort Dr. Clash in Mute City. However, he then encountered Zoda, who captured Dr. Clash, and began to pursue him with the help of Rick Wheeler, whom he met for the first time and was confused by his claims of having known Zoda for centuries, but they wound up accidentally capturing a decoy instead. He then encountered Samurai Goroh in Red Canyon while attempting to continue his pursuit, but Goroh accused Falcon of poisoning him and raced him. Goroh ran off afterwards.
Captain Falcon returned to Port Town empty-handed, only to be confronted by Blood Falcon. He beat Blood Falcon in a race, but his racer broke down afterwards. Lisa Brilliant then offered her help to him, and whether or not Blood Falcon was beaten on the first try, he either accepted her help and then defeated Blood Falcon in a race with Jody Summer's help in the Sand Ocean, or he refused her help and decided to fix his machine with a boost blast, realizing that he had only one lead left. Afterwards, Captain Falcon made his way to Lightning and raced Black Shadow, whom Falcon knew had captured Clash due to his being Blood Falcon's master. After defeating Black Shadow, Jody was able to save Dr. Clash and thanked Captain Falcon for the evil he prevented Black Shadow from unleashing. But Captain Falcon insisted he was only doing the job he was hired for and resumed his anonymous career as a bounty hunter.
In F-Zero Climax, Captain Falcon's alias Berserker is unlockable. After Bart passes down the mantle of Captain Falcon to Rick Wheeler (along with the Blue Falcon), he takes on a previously-used alias known as the Berserker and races in the Red Bull.
- Number: 07
- Creator: Unknown
- Engine: BF2003x4
- Weight: 1260kg
- Body: B
- Boost: C
- Grip: B
Captain Falcon has raced in the Blue Falcon since his first F-Zero race. It's easily one of the most recognizable machines on the track. Captain Falcon hopes to upgrade to the Neo Blue Falcon soon.
Within the F-Zero world, Captain Falcon is known as a great F-Zero racer and bounty hunter, although there is uncertainty regarding his physical abilities due to Captain Falcon never being shown in action in the games barring action in the Blue Falcon.
The Smash Bros. games show Captain Falcon as a very speedy character, and being capable of several powerful attacks which surround parts of his body with a flaming aura. It is unknown if these abilities are canon in the main F-Zero continuity, although the Falcon Punch is mentioned in the lyrics of the song played over the credits of F-Zero GX's Story Mode.
Captain Falcon has the following special moves in the Super Smash Bros. games:
- Standard Special Move: Falcon Punch- Captain Falcon will briefly charge up this attack and then punch forward. It is a powerful punch surrounded by flames which take on the shape of a falcon.
- Up Special Move: Falcon Dive- Captain Falcon will flip into the air. If he meets up with a character in the air, he will grab the character and then release an explosion before tossing Falcon back. This move can be repeated indefinitely as long as Captain Falcon as targets to grab.
- Down Special Move: Falcon Kick- Captain Falcon releases a flaming kick, either sliding along the ground or coming down to ground if used in midair.
- Side Special Move: Raptor Boost- Captain Falcon rushes forward and released a flaming uppercut.
- Final Smash: Blue Falcon- Appearing only in Brawl. Captain Falcon summons the Blue Falcon and initiates a sequence of Captain Falcon using the Blue Falcon to hit the closest player on a generic racetrack, automatically knocking out the opponent.
- Captain Falcon is an unlockable fighter in Super Smash Bros., one of the starting fighters in Super Smash Bros. Melee and again an unlockable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Due to F-Zero being a racing series and thus Captain Falcon never used any fighting abilities in the games, the Smash Bros. teams invented his moveset from scratch. In Melee and Brawl, one of his alternate costumes is Blood Falcon, and the character Ganondorf is a clone of his moveset. He has three unlockable trophies in Melee as well as two in Brawl (one being a normal one with the other depicting his Final Smash) and three stickers of Captain Falcon as seen in F-Zero, F-Zero X and F-Zero GX.
- In the original Super Smash Bros., he was unlocked by beating the game on 1-P Mode in under twenty minutes. In Melee Captain Falcon has three unlockable trophies. In Brawl, Captain Falcon is unlocked by playing 70 brawls, beating Classic Mode on Normal or greater in under twelve minutes or by getting him to join the party in "The Subspace Emissary".
- Within "The Subspace Emissary", Captain Falcon first appeared on the Island of the Ancients to help Olimar fight a giant R.O.B.. After arriving in the Blue Falcon, he leaped out and took out the R.O.B. in a single punch, but accidentally killed many Pikmin as he landed. Captain Falcon then explored the island with the more fretful Olimar. They arrived at the edge of the island and witnessed Diddy Kong saving Donkey Kong and fighting off Subspace enemies atop the Smash Skiff that was heading for the island. Captain Falcon seemed impressed and then leaped onto the Smash Skiff with a reluctant Olimar to help them. This eventually took them within the Subspace Bomb Factory. After Ganondorf set off all the Subspace Bombs in the factory, Captain Falcon led the evacuation of the heroes and called in the Falcon Flyer as their escape craft. After escaping the island's destruction, they united with the main party of the game to go into Subspace and take on Tabuu.
In Other Media
- Captain Falcon was featured in a four-page comic that was included in the F-Zero instruction manual (thus making it likely canon). He is shown collecting several bounties before going to compete at the F-Zero racetrack and uses a small laser pistol which is not shown in the games.
- A model of the Blue Falcon is located in Barrel Volcano in Super Mario RPG.
- Captain Falcon's helmet is one of the treasures in the Great Cave Offensive, one of the games in Kirby Super Star.
- The Blue Falcon is an unlockable kart in Mario Kart Wii for the small class characters.
|« Racer #06 - Pico||Racer #07 - Captain Falcon||Racer #08 - Octoman »|
|Characters in the F-Zero Series|
|Mighty Gazelle · Jody Summer · Dr. Stewart · Baba · Samurai Goroh · Pico · Captain Falcon · Octoman · Mr. EAD · James McCloud|
Billy · Kate Alen · Zoda · Jack Levin · Bio Rex · The Skull · Antonio Guster · Beastman · Leon · Super Arrow
Mrs. Arrow · Gomar & Shioh · Silver Neelson · Michael Chain · Blood Falcon · John Tanaka · Draq · Roger Buster · Dr. Clash · Black Shadow
Deathborn · Don Genie · Digi-Boy · Dai San Gen · Spade · Daigoroh · Princia Ramode · Lily Flyer · PJ · QQQ · Phoenix
Pilots in Maximum Velocity · Rick Wheeler · Lisa Brilliant · Pilots in GP Legend series
|Characters in the Super Smash Bros. Series|
|Mario · Donkey Kong · Yoshi · Luigi · Link · Samus |
Pikachu · Jigglypuff · Ness · Captain Falcon · Fox McCloud · Kirby
Marth · Roy · Peach · Bowser · Dr. Mario · Young Link · Zelda · Sheik
Ganondorf · Mr. Game & Watch · Ice Climbers · Pichu · Mewtwo · Falco
Pit · Ike · Wario · Pokémon Trainer <Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle>
Meta Knight · Diddy Kong · Lucas · Pikmin & Olimar · King Dedede
Solid Snake · Sonic · Lucario · R.O.B. · Wolf O'Donnell