From Gamehiker Wiki
|The old, the proud, the Admiral.|
|Debut||Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
Bobbery is a partner from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door who is known for his tragic past.
A long time sailor, he was once a married man. His wife, Scarlette, used to stay home while he was on his long sea voyages. However, one winter while he was gone, she grew ill and died before Bobbery returned. He blamed himself for not being there to nurse her back to health and vowed to not go to sea again. However, a note from his wife was entrusted to their mutual friend, Podley the bartender.
After living for some time in seclusion, he was once again called to continue his sailing. In need of a helmsman, Mario attempted to talk him into assisting him to Keyhaul Key. He would hear nothing of it, until Podley gave Mario the letter written be Scarlette while she was still alive. After reading that she wanted him to continue sail, he agreed to be the Helmsman for the voyage. However, while out at sea, they are attacked by Cortez's ghoulish minions. At which point he and two others are separated from the crew. After three days, he reunites with Mario, but not before the ghosts attack again. Bravely he faces them alone while the others rush to safety. After being beaten badly, he urges Mario to bring him his treasured Chuckola Cola as as to die in peace. But when he drinks it, he only falls asleep and is otherwise fine. After being awakened rather forcefully, he agrees to join Mario in his quest.
Outside of battle, Bobbery can be used to blow up various walls and rocks that bear cracks in them (and a few walls that don't). His explosive power can also be used for a preemptive attack against enemies or for a delayed switch press.
In battle, Bobbery has the following attacks:
- Bomb - Bobbery will walk up to the front enemy on the ground and explode.
- Bomb Squad - For 3 FP, Bobbery can throw a trio of time bombs into the enemies' midst, which will explode a turn later.
- Hold Fast - For 4 FP, Bobbery will stand his ground against enemy attacks, exploding and damaging them in turn, for a few turns.
- Bob-ombast - For 9 FP, Bobbery will explode and damage every enemy in battle for significant damage.
Bobbery starts with 20 HP, but will progress to 30 and then 40 HP as his rank is raised.
- If his name was hyphened, he would be Bob-Bery. This is speculation, but it's possible he is named after 'Sir Edward Berry, Rear-Admiral of the Blue', who once served as lieutenant for Admiral Horatio Nelson.
- Bobbery's Bomb ability is the same as Bombette's, except that he is thrown by Mario first and can thus reach high ledges.
- Bobbery has a Catch Card in Super Paper Mario, received after completing the Duel of 100 in Chapter 6. It can be sold for 336 coins.
- #254 "It's Admiral Bobbery from the last Paper Mario adventure. This salty dog knew how to blast his enemies broadside!"
|Paper Mario Characters in Mario Brothers series|
|Bombette · Bow · Goombario · Kooper · Lakilester · Parakarry · Sushie · Watt|
Bobbery · Goombella · Flurrie · Koops · Ms. Mowz · Vivian · Yoshi Kid
Barry · Boomer · Carrie · Cudge · Dashell · Dottie · Fleep · Piccolo · Slim · Thoreau · Thudley · Tippi · Tiptron
Count Bleck · Lord Crump · Dimentio · Grodus · Jr. Troopa · Nastasia · Shadow Queen · TEC-XX · Twink
Bowser · Kammy Koopa · Luigi · Mario · Merlon · Peach