I'll put mine up periodically as well. Just like Smash Dojo!
Best OG: The Pikmin OG
- Despite an overall lack of interest in WRITING for it, Pikmin OG shall now and forever be the god of all OGs. An unbeatable cast, an open environment, and a journey into self-discovery that brings character development into sharp focus. BOW! BOW, WEAKLINGS!
Funniest OG: GMOG Holiday Special: Happy Father's Day Masa!
- After the moderately serious tone of Merry Christmas Straw Man!, the GMOG Holiday Special (series?!) returns to classic character conceptions as bumbling deadbeats. Watch as they fumble their way through family interaction! Hypothesize about the true connection between Vorpal and Kid Vid! Vote on Luiigii or Goy for Best Hobo Award!
Most Dramatic OG: Angsty Goers
- It lives and breathes drama, even if most of said dramatics are simply contrived by the characters themselves. The majority of them bear a curse of some sort, yet they're still so...alone!
Best Original Character: Gorgoth
- I very much enjoy the concept behind the Destroyer in FFOG3. An undead character who leads hundreds more of his kind by using White Magic to "kill" them. He's so clueless that he doesn't even realize White Magic is supposed to be for healing, and now has to cope with the fact that he's not the great, all-powerful destroyer he once thought he was.
Best Fan Character/Portrayal of Copyrighted Character: Tingle
- I could explain how accurately Tingle is portrayed in the Tingle OG, or I could show you:
The Tingle OG wrote:
I put my face in my hands and sighed. Shaking my hips after every word for emphasis, I said, "You're...giving...us...a bad...image!"
Best Action Sequence: Straw Man vs. the Gamehikers
- A well choreographed fight in Merry Christmas Straw Man against what would appear to be an unbeatable foe. The Gamehikers put forth their best efforts anyway...and lose. Bad. Arguably the best part is the surprise twist afterwards as SteveT saves the day.
Best Writer: Masamune
- His posts are endearingly witty, and he's one of the few still keeping up with prose OGs as well as script *glares at everyone else*.
Worst Writer: Piku-Lord
- What the F, man? You were supposed to help me save Pikmin OG, and now you just go and disappear for the entire year? You suck. YOU SUCK.
Best Hero: Wayne Shoeleft
- Shoeleft, defender of the weak, is so determined to protect his clients that he'll risk his own life in doing so. He may have debuted last year, but he made his strongest showing this year, even jumping into other OGs to help.
Best Villain: Youma Ganon
- Best Villain...to torment. Despite being a throwaway villain in MOG8, Youma Ganon returned in GMOG8 and did almost exactly the same thing. ALMOST. Until he pulled himself out of the muck and grime of obscurity and became the main villain. Wow. Even HE got there faster than SteveT.
Best On-Screen Couple: GORE and Rebe
- Shotgun wedding. Lovewich. Caaaaaat fight. That's all you need to know.
Best Revival of a Dead OG: GMOG Holiday Special: Merry Christmas Straw Man!
- It took us two years, but we finally drew this one back from the dead and buried it. Buried it with STYLE. If you haven't read GORE's ending post, you suck. Period.
Best Plot Twist: Gamehiker Member OG VIII - The Final Parody
- The Good Timeline is destroyed!? For an OG that was already struggling, it was a fight just to get everyone into the final confrontation with Donkeyman. I know I figured we would end it then and there. But to throw in this twist and actually double its length turned it into the winsome story it is. The even bigger plot twist? That we finished it that same year.
Best Male Character: Neezer Stubbs
- Drinking. Smoking. Spitting. I think he's got all the bases covered. He's like a really tall dwarf.
Best Female Character: Harvest Goddess Luiigii
- In Harvest Goers '07-2, Luiigii is in a constant struggle to be recognized as both a woman and a man after finding himself in the Harvest Goddess's body. This has absolutely no meaning and the real reason she's nominated is because it would be funny to see her win.
Most Neglected OG: Member OG 11: Music Goers
- Even GORE won't post in it now.
Best Rookie Writer: Chibi
- She started Akira Sojo. Out of a chat, no less. Huzzah! She was also a driving force behind the conception of the Harvest Goers '07 stories.
Best Portrayal of a Real Life Person: Luiigii of the Pipes
- He's more and more like me every day.
Best Reinterpretation of an Author Character: Harvest Goddess Luiigii
- You might not understand it, but Luiigii is the Harvest Goddess in the Harvest Goers sequel, and SHE loves it. Vengeful deities are always more fun to write for than kind, helpful ones, and Luiigii willingly supplies this role for everyone to enjoy.
Best Classic Catchphrase: "DOOMED!" - Prophmin
- It's everywhere. You can't deny it anymore. If you do, you're DOOMED!
Best Team: 1848 SteveTrio
- As if SteveT, Tingleton, and Kaiser Bear N weren't awesome enough on their own (well, the first two), the three of them together make it that much better. Expect big things from these three in future posts.
Best Team Up: Luiigii, Loogi, gor-killa, and Ronnie
- The long awaited M&L2 parody has arrived. It just...hasn't...done anything yet. But don't let that stop you!
NEW CATEGORIES: Best Angsty Goers Pairing:
Laura and Flik forever, WHUT WHUT!
Best OG Series: GMOG Holiday Specials
- It may move slow. It can't jump high. But this series is one hell of a guy. I've always had a fondness for (not so) hypothetical future stories. They also tend to be more humorous and dynamic than other stories. Double win!
Best New Character: Goteam
- Hailing from the expanded Akira Sojo universe, Goteam is the requisite happy-go-lucky, psychotic, ten year old sidekick. Even in death he provides us with humor. And then comes back for more.
Best (Replacement) Golem: The Kirby of Death
- He goes and reads every GMOG, and then actually questions our plot holes? Just about the most backhand-able trait you'll ever see!
Do we need to nominate for this one? There's only three entries.
Best Death Sequence: Luigi's death in GMOG8
- A subtle reference to the concurrent death of my former username? At the conclusion of the story, Luigi from the Bad Timeline is confronted by Luiigii from the Good Timeline, who is trying to take Luigi's place. They have a big ol' duel and mocking session, including plummeting down a shaft, through space, and into the planet Mystery before we finally see Luigi cut down by a single lethal blow, while Luiigii bears dozens. Touching.