Releases This Week (11/22/2010)Virtual Console:Spin Master (NeoGeo) 900 points
WiIWare:Snowpack Park 800 points
- A platformer starring a yo-yo enthuthiast. Sorry, it's not Mike Jones!
- An evil doctor has kidnapped your girlfriend as well as your treasure map! That nefarious fiend must be stopped at all costs!
- 5 colorful levels bursting with color featuring a colored boss at the end. Wait, I mean colorful!
- Destroy enemies with your yo-yo, you badass!
- 2 player simultaneous co-op action! Hooray!
- Treasure chests scattered about the levels give you additional weaponry like icicles and boxing gloves.
- Gameplay Footage
- A surprise release out of nowhere. And who else could be responsible for this but Nintendo!
- A penguin rescue game at it's core. You went to go visit Snowpack Park to play with the penguins only to find that a recent avalanche scared them all away. Now it's up to you to rescue them!
- Play as either a Mii or a premade character.
- Not only do you have to rescue the penguins but you also have to keep them happy to ensure they don't get bored.
- Pet them, feed them, or play with them in special mini-games to increase their mood.
- This is just horrible: a penguin can leave the park by getting bored OR if it aimlessly wanders off into the ocean.
- A second player can join you in your penguin care program.
After a special trial period last fall, WiiWare Demos have returned! While the demos themselves will only be available for 4 weeks at a time (or more depending on how popular the game is on the Nintendo Channel) the service itself isn't going anywhere this time, so more demos will be added periodically!And Yet It Moves:
This is an award-winning puzzle game where you must twist the entire world to move on. Also features a unique paper art style. The demo will walk you through the first few levels.Bit.Trip Fate:
The penultimate entry in the popular Bit.Trip rhythm mash-up series is an on-rails (literally!) shoot 'em up. The demo will take you through level 1 and end right as you face the level 2 boss.Jett Rocket:
This is an action-adventure game where you traverse a colorful world in 3D. The demo will let you play the first level of the first world.ThruSpace:
An interesting puzzle game that's somewhat like a mix of Tetris and Hole in the Wall. The demo will walk you through two sets of tutorials and a regular stage.DSiWare:Music on: Electric Guitar 200 points
Supermarket Mania 500 points
- A virtual electric guitar! Your stylus becomes the pick!
- 32 defined chords with more than 900 chords to discover in all.
- 3 different pedal effects: Delay, Distortion, and Flanger.
- Easy to play, difficult to master.
Tetris Party Live 500 points
- A time-management game. Keep shelves stocked in accordance with the customers supply and demand.
- Meet a certain monetary goal in each level.
- Earn money to pay for more upgrades to your shop and unlock additional inventory.
- 50 levels in the main story, as well as an endless mode.
- SEVEN types of customers, brags the description. We're going to pretend that means the same seven people are constantly coming into your five shops asking for the same 12+ items over and over and over again. Talk about a small town!
- Tetris comes to DSiWare! This is based off the mode-stuffed Tetris Party game that debuted on WiiWare and later came to store shelves for Wii and DS.
- You'll find the familiar and popular Marathon mode in here as well as the expected vs mode (against both a CPU and real people).
- Also possibly expected is the online mode! Battle anyone, anywhere!
- More unique modes include Duel Space, a battle between you and a friend to cover more area of the Tetris grid.
- Ok, I guess that's it for the unique modes. But if you just want a simple game of Tetris that you can take with you wherever you go, then this should satisfy you.